Concordia’s 135th year of existence was another great one, and we are so thankful to be able to serve so many people (approximately 40,000 this year!!) and expand our mission more and more every day! We finished construction on our BEAUTIFUL new retirement community Highpointe at Rebecca, Concordia at Sumner celebrated five years in the Concordia family, the Stanley Cup and a Pittsburgh Penguin made a visit to Concordia at Cabot, Concordia’s oldest resident – and 8th oldest person in the world – Lucy Trecasse celebrated her 112th birthday and so much more!
While we’re all getting ready for 2018, we wanted to take a quick look back at 2017 by looking at our Top 10 most popular blog posts of the year. Once again, posts filled with pictures from our community events led the way, but there are a few surprises in the top 10. So without further adieu, take a look, click the links and reminisce for a few minutes on the year that was, at Concordia:
10. Residents, Community Members Enjoy 2017 Concordia Dog Show
9. National Nursing Home Week 2017 – A Letter From the President
8. 14th Golf Classic Brings Fun and Funds for Charitable Care
7. Concordia Fashion Show Impresses Once Again in 2017
6. Concordia Couples Share “Meet Cute” Stories for Valentine’s Day
5. 2017 Concordia Fishing Derby Draws More Than 700 Despite Weather
4. Grand Opening Event at Highpointe Doesn’t Fail to Impress
3. Picture-Perfect Day at the 2017 Concordia Summer Festival
2. Adopt a Concordia Resident for Christmas This Year (2017)
1. 2017 Concordia Oktoberfest Was One for the Ages
Please keep Concordia, our mission and especially those we serve in your thoughts and prayers this year. May God Bless you and your family in 2018! And as usual, feel free to contact any of our Locations or Home & Community Services offices for information on how we can help you or your loved ones.
Founded 135 years ago, Concordia Lutheran Ministries is one of the largest, most financially secure senior care providers in the country – serving over 40,000 people annually through home care and inpatient locations. Concordia offers a lifetime continuum of care that includes adult day services, home care, hospice, medical and rehabilitation services, memory support, assisted living/personal care, respite care, retirement living, skilled nursing, spiritual care and medical equipment.
There is always a LOT happening at Concordia! Would you like to stay up-to-date with our news and events? Sign up for our monthly e-newsletter here.